It is important to us that you understand how and why we obtain, use, process, store, verify and share (collectively “process” or “processing” as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”)) your personal information. Your personal information includes the personal information of your key individuals, representatives and/or assistants, where applicable.
STANLIB will only process your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services;
- To manage and administer your client’s investments;
- To communicate with you or your clients;
- To comply with your instructions or the instructions of your client;
- To monitor and/or record telephone calls and electronic transactions with you (including the collection of your biometric data where necessary) in order to accurately carry out your instructions or those of your client and for your protection;
- For payment processing for services providers, merchants, banks, and other persons that assist with the processing of your payment instructions;
- To provide your information to an entity within Standard Bank Group Limited, including its subsidiaries and affiliates, for the purpose of improving our business and services or the business and services of the Standard Bank Group;
- To provide third-party fund providers with monthly reports, which may include personal information relating to you and the total assets under management per product with that specific third-party fund provider;
- To send your information to the Financial Services Exchange (Pty) Ltd trading as Astute where you have instructed us to do so;
- To send your information to a third party to perform verification checks on the information provided by you to STANLIB;
- To assist in enhancing our services and your adviser experience;
- For analysis in order to assess and improve our business and services or the business and services of the Standard Bank Group;
- To verify your identity;
- To detect and prevent fraud or money laundering;
- To comply with laws and public duties;
- In the interests of security and crime prevention;
- For operational, marketing, audit, legal and record keeping purposes;
- To transfer your personal information outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa where this is necessary to fulfil our servicing obligations. Where your personal information is transferred offshore, STANLIB confirms that adequate measures are in place to ensure the protection of your personal information and shall transfer your personal information offshore in accordance with the applicable requirements for trans-border information flow in terms of POPIA.
- To provide your information to industry registers such as ASISA, and contracted third parties, such as tracing agents, attorneys, debt collectors and other persons that assist with the enforcement of agreements;
- To provide your information to regulatory authorities, governmental departments, local and international tax authorities, and other persons that STANLIB under the law has to share your information with;
- To provide your information to persons to whom STANLIB cedes its rights or delegates its obligations to under agreements; and
- If we become involved in a proposed or actual merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of assets, we may use and disclose your information to third parties in connection with the evaluation of the transaction. The surviving company, or the acquiring company in the case of a sale of assets, would have access to your information, which would continue to be subject to these terms.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and confidential. We will ensure that a third party that we share your information with agrees to keep your information confidential and appropriately secured. We will keep your information until such time as we are compelled to delete it, as prescribed by applicable law.
We undertake solely to collect and process your information as permitted by law. If you feel we have not done so, you have the right to object. You have the right to access, correct and delete the personal information that is held about you.
To object to the processing of your personal information by STANLIB or correct, delete, or obtain a copy of the personal information STANLIB holds about you, you may email us on: email@example.com or write to STANLIB’s Informatio Officer at:
P O Box 202
Alternatively, you can email STANLIB’s information officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STANLIB may amend this statement from time to time.